Clarke McEwan Accountants was founded by John Clarke in May 1995 with a vision to create a proactive accounting and business advisory firm focused on servicing the complete financial and accounting requirements of individuals and organisations across a broad range of industries and professions.
John is a Fellow of CPA Australia (B.Bus Accty FCPA CTA) with more than 25 years experience in providing expert tax advice and business solutions to a diverse base of business, individual and professional clients.
John services a range of businesses and individuals including high net worth Individuals and families, professionals, family businesses, start-up businesses, investors, property developers, builders, private companies, and international and expatriate clients.
With more than 25 years experience in public practice John has developed a special interest and following in the Health Care Sector acting for many general and specialist medical practitioners and allied health practitioners as well as private medical groups and corporate health care providers both on the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and across Queensland and Interstate. Asset protection and establishing the best structure for each clients requirements are also areas of expertise.
John also has extensive experience in the Building and Construction and associated Service Industries including Commercial and Residential Property Developers acting as accountant and advisor to a number of long established and well known developers and builders in the region. John also assists clients in the hospitality and management rights industry.
In addition to being a Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA) John holds the following memberships and qualifications:
· Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
· Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia
· Member of the National Tax and Accountants Association
· Member of Interprac and NTAA Corporate
· RG 146 Qualified and Authorised Representative of Merit Wealth Pty Ltd (AFSL 409361 ASIC 244739)
· Member of the Australian Taxpayers Association
· Registered Tax Agent – Tax Practitioners Board
· Bachelor of Business in Accountancy from the University of Southern Queensland
· Self-Managed Super Fund Specialist Course graduate – Deakin University
· Xero Certified Advisor
· MYOB Professional Partner
· Reckon/Quickbooks Professional Partner
· Saasu Certified Partner
· Cash Flow Manager Inner Circle Member
· Commissioner for Declarations
John oversees a team of experienced professional staff and has a long term affiliation with some of Queensland's top specialist business advisors.
Outside of work John enjoys spending time with his family, travelling, going on long walks, running and is a keen supporter and follower of all things Rugby Union and Cricket.
John works from both our Sunshine Coast and Brisbane office (by appointment). To arrange an appointment to see John at either of our offices please contact the Sunshine Coast Office on 07 5475 4300 or the Brisbane Office on 07 3842 3128 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org