The Government has announced a range of proposed superannuation reforms, including:
- taxing earnings in pension phase that exceed $100,000 pa
- recognizing deferred annuities for earnings tax concession purposes
- increasing the concessional contributions cap for those aged 50 and over
- increasing the ability to refund excess contributions
- deeming account based pensions under the social security income test
- increasing the balance threshold below which lost super must be transferred to the ATO
- establishing a Council of Superannuation Custodians
We have prepared a brief summary of the proposals for you to review. To access our summary please click on the following link click here.
If you are unable to access the link please phone or email us and our office will email the summary to you in pdf format.
We hope you enjoy the read and if we can be of any assistance to you or you have any further questions in reltion to these proposals please do not hesitate to contact our office on 07 5475 4300, or by email.